I am a Lawyer in Las Vegas dedicated to excellence and customer service. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me at 1-(702)-335-5918
Jon Martin., Esq.
Education and Credentials
Licensed Member of Nevada Bar – #9858
Member of Nevada Justice Association
J.D. Washburn University School of Law, Topeka, KS 2006
B.S. – Hotel Administration
University of Nevada, Las Vegas, NV 1994
Competent Communicator Certification
Toastmasters International 2009
Contract Attorney 12/2008 – 5/2009
Dempsey, Roberts, and Smith, Las Vegas, NV
• Provided Traffic Law services for prepaid legal plan members.
• Successfully handled over 500 ticket cases.
• Extensive client education via telephone.
• Skilled in resolving client issues and finding “Win Win” solutions.
Public Defender for Worker’s Compensation 11/2007 – 10/2008
Nevada Attorney for Injured Workers (NAIW), Las Vegas, NV
• Served as the public defender for numerous injured workers.
• Sole responsibility for over 95 cases.
• Appeared in over 26 administrative hearings; won 14 administrative hearings.
Associate Attorney 2/2007 – 5/2007
Tharpe & Howell, Las Vegas, NV
• Researched and drafted memos and motions in the defense of general contractors and subcontractors in complex litigation cases.
• Attended special master hearings and numerous court appearances.
• Performed electronic and traditional document review.
• Drafted many summaries of depositions in personal injury cases.
Associate Attorney 10/2006 – 1/2007
Scott Schreiber, APC, Las Vegas, NV
• Researched and drafted memos and advocate for workers’ compensation claimants at the hearing and appellate level.
• Communicated and negotiated with adjusters for both Worker’s Compensation and personal injury cases.
• Helped prepare clients for depositions. Interviewed prospective clients.
Civil/Criminal Law Intern Summer 2005
Washburn Law Clinic, Topeka, KS
• Prepared and drafted pleadings, contracts, correspondence, and discovery requests.
• Advocated for and obtained minimum sentence for a DUI client.
• Successfully assisted client in 99% recovery on a significant past-due account.
Judicial Clerk for the Hon. Stephen M. Roth 9/2004 – 6/2005
Pottawatomie County District Court, Westmoreland, KS
• Developed a systematic approach for categorizing and identifying indigent defendants for court services; assisted with eligibility determinations.
• Researched and wrote draft decisions.
Technical Support Representative 2000 – 2002
Siemens, Bellevue, WA
• Solved complex computer networking problems.
• Communicated complex written and oral information to all levels of experience, from advanced computer programmers through administrative assistants.
Technical Support Representative 1999 – 2000
Keane, Kirkland, WA
• See “Siemens” duties above.
3rd Class Petty Officer 1995 – 1998
United States Navy, Pearl Harbor, Hawaii and NAS Keflavik, Iceland
• Honorable discharge.
• Decorated Veteran (Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal, Sea Service Medal, Good Conduct Award, and Admirals Letter).